Check it out, we had a FUN, very BUSY day. The craziness began yesterday with Preston's friend coming over after school. The two boys played hard and had incredible fun on the trampoline and wii. His friend is such a well-behaved boy and fun to have at our house. When his mother came to pick him up she asked if Preston could spend the night. I talked to Preston about it, letting him know that he'd miss the Primary activity if he went. Preston decided that he'd spend the night anyway (after inviting his friend to the activity first and having his mom say no). So Preston spent the night which helped me out.

At 8:30am, I had the two youngest in Sunday clothes at the church parking lot carrying their sack lunches. I was even really proud of myself that I had fed them eggs and toast for breakfast instead of cereal and had MOPPED my house before leaving! Our Primary activity was visiting the Redlands Temple. We got them to the temple and had a quick 5 minute overview of temples and then split into groups. Each group had pictures of different spots on the temple (or temple grounds) that the kids had to search for and find. There were about 6 or 7 pictures in all. Very cute and soo fun for the kids.
I think was our group's favorite spot. We were even able to teach them about the water going from one to three to twelve. So neat!
Then we took pictures in front of the temple of each child....of course I was busy chatting and didn't get pictures of that. I will have to wait until the Primary prints them out. Next we went to the stake center there and sat on the grass and ate our lunches. Chloe was excited that she got to eat Cheetos (I had packed her healthy food only and she was a little low from being in the sun for so long without eating). Each child also got an 8x10 photo of the temple to take home with them! Very awesome activity.
Next Chloe, Derek, and I were headed to Preston's baseball game. We got back to the church at 11:45am and Preston's game started at 12pm so we hustled over there. Derek changed into shorts at the ball field. This was Preston's last game of the season. He played his friend's team....and Preston's team won! Wahoo! At the end of the game the coach gathered all the kids on the bench and said a little something about each player. It was really nice.




He said Preston was "Mr. Personality" and a very consistent hitter. He also said Preston had some great ideas in the dugout and was gonna be a scientist someday. We'll see. Preston then went to Ryan's house again so they could go see Kung Fu Panda.

Derek, Chloe, and I headed to Samantha's birthday party. The game ended at 1:50pm and the party was at 2pm so once again we didn't even go home first. Chloe changed into a princess dress in the car since the party was princess/pirate themed. My kids LOVED the party. They decorated princess crowns, pirate hats, swords, and eye patches.


They had a scavenger hunt for treasure and played some games outside. Then they opened presents and ate cake.



This was a very fun party! Thanks for inviting us big 4 year old Samantha!
We finished the day off by leaving the party and heading straight for Sierra Vista Park. I met up with Dottie Epperson and her fantastic family for the 5th ward BBQ. Oh so fun! It was nice to catch up wtih all the folks I haven't seen in awhile! I got to tell lots of people how all my sister's are doing and how my parents enjoyed their mission. Some people (a lot actually) didn't even know that Mom and Dad were home now. Probably because they didn't get to see them when they came down. Mom and Dad are going to have to come back this summer and bring their mission books! Seriously guys!!! Anyway, so we got home after 8pm and are pretty wiped out. We had so much fun though. I feel like my Saturdays for the past few weeks have been like this....it's been nuts.....but a FUN nuts. I hope everyone else had a wonderful Saturday too!

1 comments:

Wow, sounds like you guys have a lot of fun.

June 10, 2008 at 12:44 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home