2010

Our year started with a bang! Jennilyn and her fam bam were staying at our house. They came down for Jared's wedding. Jennilyn and I had seriously the funniest experience! SO this is what happened. . .

Brittany's mom decided to make all the "moms" similar dresses for the wedding. She bought the fabric and a dress pattern then had each of us choose a dress from the pattern. She also made all the bridesmaids dresses too. SO she had her hands full and not so much time. Carla had me try on the dress right before Christmas---it was really big. She wasn't sure how much she'd be able to alter it but said she'd try. I got the dress back from her 3 days before the wedding. I tried the dress on and it didn't fit. At all. It looked "silly". Knowing that she didn't have any time to fix it I wondered what I was going to do. Ahh. My friend Dottie came over and I had her look at it (she sews). She LAUGHED when I put it on. It was that bad. It just looked funny. Dottie said she couldn't fix it but she knew who could. She took me over to a Tailor Shop in Rancho. The gal was super nice. I told her I needed the dress on Friday night (New year's Day) because we had to leave so early in the morning on Saturday. Now remember folks, this is New Year's EVE that I'm talking to her and dropping off the dress. And I want it back the next DAY (which is a holiday). She said it wasn't a problem. The dress would be ready at 7pm for me to pick up.

Fast forward to Friday night. Jennilyn and I had gone out to rent a movie and buy some sparkling cider. At about 6pm we were cruising around and near the dress shop. I mentioned we were close to the Tailors so we decided to check the shop and see if the dress was already done. We pull into the Tailor shop parking lot and it is pitch black. Dark. No light on. I start freaking out! There is a notice on the door that reads " Sorry for any inconvenience but our shop is closed today for the holiday!" WHAT?!? They are CLOSED today?? The WHOLE day? The lady just told me YESTERDAY that I could pick up the dress today! I told her it was a holiday and she didn't seem to care. She said her assistant would be there. Looks like the assistant decided to close the shop instead. Now I am SUPER concerned. I don't know her name or have her phone number. I panic and call Dottie like 5 times before she answers. Dottie is down at the beach and doesn't have the Tailor Shop's phone number or the lady's name either. I did NOT have the shop phone number or anything. Jennilyn tries to calm me down and reassure me that the assistnat will probably come back just to give me my dress at 7pm. Fine.

We went home and start googling! Major googling going on. Me at my computer and Jennilyn on her laptop. We get the phone number for the Tailor Shop and leave a message on the machine. Google some more. Got the Tilor Shop's email address. We email the Tailor Shop. Google more. We get the owner's name! Hurray! Goole LOTS more. . .we get the owner's home address---POSSIBLY. It's an address in Rancho anyway. And the owner's name is VERY unusual. No phone number though. Ugh. By this point is it almost 7pm. We head to the shop.

Darkness. But, Jennilyn reminds me we are 8 minutes early. Okay fine. We wait 8 minutes. Longest 8 minutes of my life. We start talking about what I'd say in the morning at the wedding. Everything sounds bad. "Oh, the dress? What dress?" "Oh, I'm sorry. It looked ugly on me so I took it to get altered and never got it back." Yah, can't really explain that one real well. And what would I wear? I didn't have anything turquoise. 7pm on the dot, still no sign of life. Jennilyn says, "Okay let's wait 5 more minutes and then we'll go to her house." Perfect. After about 2 minutes however we get sick of waiting. We head to the house. Now, this is a townhouse. Not a house house. It matters because immediately I start thinking, no guarantee that this is her house. She could have moved. Oh, and it was like 2 blocks away from the shop. Too close, I thought.

Jennilyn looks at me. "You going to go in?" No way! Jennilyn decides to go. What is she going to say? She grabs my pick up ticket, knocks on the door, and marches up to the door. I duck down. i am TERRIFIED. This lady is going to think we are NUTS. And what if it's the wrong house? Door opens, I see the owner (in a bathrobe)! Now I really duck! I am embarrassed. Jennilyn come backs to the car. What happened? What did you say? She tells me she said "Hi. Do you own a Tailor Shop?" --"Yes."---"Oh, good. i have this (hands her the ticket.) My sister is in a wedding and needs that dress. You told her she could pick it up today at 7pm and it's now (checks her watch) 7:04pm. We need that dress."-----"How did you find me?"-----"I googled."-----"(confused)"Uh, meet me at the shop in 5 minutes."------

We are cracking up! What crazy stalkers we are. 4 min late and we are at your door! Watch out! We went back to the dress shop and the dress fit wonderfully. Super cute. A dress that I could wear over and over again! Yay! The owner kept asking us over and over again how we found her. At least she didn't call the cops on us lunatics! Ha ha. We had to explain in detail how we stalked her using google. Jennilyn just kept saying, "Sorry we stalked you. We just had to. I am really good at Google." I think she said that like 4 times. I was laughing so hard!! She asked me if I wanted the extra fabric. It was a whole grocery bag of fabric. No thanks! She ended up cutting it up the middle and remaking the whole dress.

I will post a picture of the dress once I get the wedding pics back from the photographer.

3 comments:

That is hilarious! I loved it. "I'm really good at google . . " classic.

March 28, 2010 at 3:38 AM  

I'm with you Shauna. I don't think I could have gone up to the door of her house either!:) Yay for sisters! And glad it all worked out okay. I would have freaked out too!

March 31, 2010 at 9:02 AM  

Awesome! Wish I could have been there for the fun! lol Can't wait for the pictures--remember to post them 'cause you promised!!

April 16, 2010 at 5:29 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home