SRC Race


Doug entered the Mountain Bike racing world! He has been wanting to try it for awhile now and finally took the challenge. He entered the Southridge Race Series in Fontana. His first race was on January 9th. His bike was ready . Doug was pumped up and excited. After the initial start off Doug was in the lead. I was so excited. After the first loop though, he was taking longer than I thought he should be. Hmm. Then Darold called me and let me know that he'd just talked to Doug on the phone and Doug had a flat. I needed to go back to the car (about a mile away) and get his bike gear and met him at the watering station. Ahh! I ran so fast and made it to Doug in time. Doug changed his tire and went off. At this point he was still in second place. I was still excited. Then a little while later he called to let me know he'd quit the race. He gotten another flat tire and didn't have any more tubes. So his first race was a bust. Bummer. The kids still had fun! They got to race in the kids race!

Doug was looking forward to his second race! He had two goals--finish the race and get a podium finish (place in the top 5). Well, his race was early in the morning on the day after we got home from Brian Head. Not exactly the best of timing. We barely made it there in time. We were tired from skiing! Doug gave it his all and pulled off this:
Third place baby! Yay Douglas!! We are so proud of you!!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home