Wedding Bells




Wedding have been ringing at our house! Jared married Brittany on January 2nd, 2010 in the San Diego temple. Jennilyn and her family were able to come as well as Doug's parents. We were excited to have some family there. This is Doug and I's first wedding hosting. The planning was stressful but the big day was gorgeous. We couldn't have been happier.

We had some drama at the reception though. Here is my account of what happened. The luncheon was held in San Diego at my friend April's house. April did a FABULOUS job of making it super nice and welcoming. Doug left the luncheon before the rest of us so he could go to the church (in Upland) and begin the preparations for the reception. I was the last to leave the luncheon.

Ben and Jennilyn drove the kids and I back to Upland. We decided that Jennilyn would drop me off at the church, so I could offer some assistance, and she would take the kiddos back to my house to rest. Sounded great! As soon as Ben pulled into the parking lot of the church though we saw a fire truck. We began joking that Doug and the Ingrams set off the smoke alarm and how embarrassing that would be. See, before the reception there was a Stake Baptism there. Right when they were cooking and staging the reception. So, when we got there the baptism had maybe just ended. That's why we were thinking it was funny. It wasn't until we rounded the corner that we saw the ambulance. "Oh, no! Some one got hurt at the baptism?," was my immediate thought. I ran out of the car and up to the church. Before I reached the doors, Joseph Knapp asked me if I saw Doug. "No, what happened?" At this point I was still thinking Doug was inside the church. "He's in the ambulance. He just collapsed. We had to call 911," said Joe. WHAT?

Then I ran to the ambulance and sure enough Doug was inside. I couldn't believe it. He was lying on the bed whining and all hunched up. I tried talking to him but he couldn't really talk. Yikes. So off I went to the ER with Doug's parents. They ran some tests and found that Doug had kidney stones. Perfect timing, huh? I stayed with Douglas in the hospital until the reception was starting.

I got to the reception and let Jared and Brittany know what happened. I stood in the line to represent Jared's family for the first 40 minutes of the reception. Then Jared's sisters took over for me and I went back to the hospital. Jennilyn was in charge of my kids and they stayed at the reception the whole time. Doug's mom was back and forth from the church and ER too. Good thing I had family to help! Doug begged to be released so he could go to the reception. he doctor gave him super strong medicine and sent him on his way. Doug and I made it to the reception in time to say goodbye to Jared and Brittany and some of our extended family that went to the reception. Doug was happy he made it there! He was a little medicinally intoxicated though.

All in all, a beautiful wedding that we will never forget! We are so proud of Jared and the choices he has made! We are thrilled to be able to see what he rest of his life will bring! Congratulations Jared and Brittany Cass!

Our new family:
Extended Family at the Temple:

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home