Ski Vacation

Who likes to ski? We do!! I was excited to go this year. I was hoping that Chloe would like skiing better this year. But if not, we came prepared. REI had some kid snow shoes on clearance. They came with poles and everything. We scored two pairs. We figured if Derek and Chloe didn't want to ski they could walk around on snow shoes- - -and we could still ski! Ha ha. Good plan.

I am pleased to report that Derek liked skiing! He went with Doug right away and really liked going fast! Chloe was, in my opinion, not even trying. But she was crying. A lot. And refused to go anymore when she was halfway down the run. I was beginning to freeze to death. This was not the way I had planned to go. Getting more and more frustrated with her by the second I realized that I was NOT having fun. I vowed that I would never take her up the lift again if we ever made it down. It took about 30 minutes but we did eventually make it to the bottom. I looked around and noticed Kim and her fam bam were having fun. Preston was having the time of his life. Even though Doug was skiing on beginner runs with Derek, he was having a grand time too. Chloe and I were miserable. That's when I decided I would giver her one more chance. Not with me though. Not with Doug. She was going to ski school. That was it. She cried and cried all the way to ski school. She bawled while I signed her up. The gal asked if I was sure Chloe wanted to ski. I assured her she DID! She was hysterically crying while they measured her for ski school skiis. Then in walked her ski instructor. Chloe looked. . .then stopped crying, then flipped her hair, put on chapstick and walked right over to that handsome 19 year old and said, "Hi, I'm Chloe. I LOVE to ski. Bye Mom!" At this moment I was glad she likes older guys. yes, she has a crush on her teacher! She was the only kid on ski school so she got private lessons.

Chloe learned how to ski since she had to impress her teacher. I got to ski and enjoy my time. Ski school was priceless!

1 comments:

that's hilarious...chloe is so cute, i can totally take some lessons from her on how to be more girly hehe

May 28, 2010 at 10:14 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home