9th Anniversary


Doug and I decided we needed to have some fun for our 9th wedding anniversary. We had a play date with just the two of us at Knott's Berry Farm! I tell you, I love taking my children places (especially amusement parks) but Doug and I had so much fun without them. I got to go on rides without checking the height requirement first. That in and of itself was awesome. I also didn't have to lug around a big old bag full of wipes, water, snacks, sunscreen, etc. I didn't even take in a purse. I felt as free as a teenager. That day I didn't have to worry about anyone getting high or low or needing snacks or even being on a feeding/eating schedule. I didn't have to search for a bathroom every 20 minutes either. And no one whined for a toy or treat at every shop. This was bliss. The park was pretty empty too so that was even better. We had a blast on Supreme Scream and the Xcelerator. We rode them so many times! Darold and Christine gave us free tickets to get into the park and they babysat our kids free too! Thank you! We love our awesome friends!! I love Doug too! Thanks for 9 awesome years and here's to 90 more......

4 comments:

Very fun! I want to go! For mine and Dave's 7th anniversary a few years ago, we went to Disneyland without the kids (the twins were like 2 at the time) and we had so much fun! I wish we lived closer so we could go again, but actually take the kids with us.

March 31, 2009 at 10:12 AM  

fun times. congrats on your anniversary! i love the log ride picture haha

April 1, 2009 at 8:20 PM  

Way Fun! What a perfect way to celebrate yours and Doug's relationship-with a Fun day! I remember when you were dating him and you guys just always had a blast together ;)!

April 7, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

How fun! I can't believe that Douglas didn't beg for any toys though ;) Nine years goes by pretty fast huh? You guys have done a lot in those few years too. Here's hoping the next 9 + years get even better!

April 7, 2009 at 8:45 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home