Valentines Day

On Wednesday we made Valentine Treats for the teachers (and some extras for Preston's class). This was a lot of fun. Doug even made me a wood holder to hold all the suckers while they dried! Too cute! I made about 50 cupcake suckers, 50+ chocolate cake bites, and about 10 caramel chocolate covered apples! Lucky teachers!

Our Valentines Day started off on Thursday (since the kids didn't have school on Friday). I went with Preston's class to Riverside to go see the Junie B. Jones play! The play was pretty cute and the kids really enjoyed it. They combined about 5 Junie B. Jones books and Preston had read all the books that were used for the play so that was cool.
After the play, we went back to school and I helped with Preston's Valentine Party! They made floats out of Cherry Limeade soda and vanilla ice cream. I thought it was going to be nasty but it was YUMMY!!! So I LOVED their pink floats!! You should try them.

On Saturday, Doug and I got our kids their Valentines present from us. Every Valentines Day they get a pack of gum.They love this simple gift every year. We take them to the gum aisle of Target and they pick out their gum. I think I stood in that aisle with them for about 30 minutes. Tough decisions, you know. Saturday night Doug had to work ofcourse but the kids and I went to the Stake Family Valentines Dance. My kids LOVE to dance (hello, Chloe has a disco light in her room remember?) and they were super excited to get their groove thing goin'. The dance featured the Stake band however and so old swing style and slow songs were played mostly. This didn't bother my kids. They still danced it up. I turned around and PRESTON had asked a GIRL to dance!!! What??? Yep, that's right! Preston asked about 7 girls to dance with him. He'd just cruise on over to a pretty girl and say, "Excuse me for interrupting but would you like to dance with me?" Who taught him to be a gentleman? Oh, and did I mention that he only asked TEENAGERS to dance? So funny! He was so proud of himself. No one even told him to dance with girls. I was cracking up!

3 comments:

I wish I was a teacher at your kids school! Those treats you made look super yummy!

February 16, 2009 at 5:11 PM  

You should have a link to a separate recipe/cooking blog so that we can all try these at our house :)!

And, you should have another blog about Chloe's hair and just keep giving us ideas...basically, so that you can do the work and I can just do Kaia & Elise's hair :)!

So, on to making two more blogs Shauna! You are super talented! :)

February 16, 2009 at 5:24 PM  

Too cute! Great job with the treats! I want one!

February 17, 2009 at 12:56 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home