Eyeballs


The Farnsworth family is full of eyeglass wearers: Douglas wears glasses full time, Shauna is supposed to wear glasses (she is getting new ones soon so then she WILL wear glasses), and Preston wears glasses (for reading). Well, today Chloe joined the ranks of eyeglass wearers. She has to (or gets to) wear glasses full time for everything! Derek thinks she is pretty lucky! He is even jealous that everyone has glasses except him. Can you believe it? I remember as a kid that glasses were horrible and people NEVER wanted to have glasses. Kids were even made fun of for wearing glasses. Did that era end? Is wearing glasses cool now? What? Speaking of glasses, Preston just broke his and I was not about to fork over another $400 plus dollars on new ones for him. But, since his glasses are unwearable, really, I had to do something. I found Zenni Optical online and thought I'd try them. I purchased two pairs of glasses for Preston: one regular wear pair and one sunglass pair. My total with shipping was under $40. I will have to let you know how they are when we get them. I measured his current frames and lenses and got him glasses that had the same dimensions. So they should fit just fine. If they work out then I will be getting the whole family prescription sunglasses from them. Who knows maybe since they only charge $39 for photochromatic lenses (transitions) and my insurance charges $88, I'll get transitions from them for myself too. We'll see. I have high hopes. Anyway, leave Chloe a comment and let her know what you think of her newest fashion statement! Thanks!

7 comments:

Oh, Cloe, I love your glasses! You look SO cute! I always wanted glasses as a kid, but my eyesite was too good! I'm glad you get to be one of the cool kids in glasses!!

February 9, 2009 at 3:11 PM  

my niece just got glasses and she was so excited she had a glasses party and invited all the kids in her class with glasses. I hope you love them chloe!

February 9, 2009 at 3:55 PM  

soooo stylish! i love them :)

February 9, 2009 at 6:35 PM  

soooo stylish! i love them :)

February 9, 2009 at 6:36 PM  

I honestly had dark rimmed glasses for a few years just like her! I loved them! And I think she looks very stylish in them! And when I had to get glasses, I was so excited as well! Since Dave and I both wear glasses/contacts, I am sure my kids are not too far behind either!:) By the way, about the hockey game we went to this weekend, kids stayed home with a friend of mine (we swap babysitting). They would have made it through about 30 minutes of it before talking the ears off everyone around us, especially my little Scott. That boy loves to talk.

February 9, 2009 at 6:56 PM  

Chloe we LOVE your glasses! Can't wait to see them on Sunday!!

February 13, 2009 at 9:59 PM  

Chloe, what great glasses! They look a bit cooler than mine. I have been wearing glasses since I was in 5th grade and Grandpa Farnsworth started wearing his in like 3rd grade--you have us all beat! I love being able to see better with my glasses! I can't wear my contacts right now, so I've been wearing my glasses all the time too.

Love you,
Aunt Melissa

February 23, 2009 at 9:19 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home