100 Day, Mountain Biking, and Pink Panther!

A week ago Chloe had her 100th day of school celebration. Now for those of you who live far away and don't know this, I usually do Chloe's hair creatively every day. I love to check out hair blogs and do her hair really cute and different. Anyway, for the 100th day of school she told me she wanted me to put a 100 in her hair. I thought about how I could do it without her looking like a clown and then said yes. When Doug found out he was scared....he told me, "You know you can tell her no sometimes if her ideas are too crazy." I reassured him that I wouldn't let her look goofy. This is what I came up with:So from the front you couldn't even tell and in the back it had a 100. Chloe had fun on her 100th day. Zero the hero came and spoke to all the kindergartners!
Derek has loved being the only one home for the most part. I think he still gets sad sometimes that he isn't in school but he likes having his alone time with Doug for sure! Doug took him Mountain biking at Marshall canyon. Derek has been wanting to go ever since Preston went with Doug. The thing is Derek doesn't have a mountain bike. No worries, he didn't care. He still wanted to go. Doug said they went slow but that Derek made it as far as Preston did! Crazy huh? What a little trooper. I think Doug is going to make a movie of it (like he did for Preston) but here is a pic until then.
Now on to the Pink Panther. Preston's best friend (one of his many best friends), just had a birthday. On his birthday he spent the night at our house. Well, I couldn't have him spend the night on his birthday without making him a cake.....no, no, that wouldn't do. I didn't have much time to make him a cake though either. So I had to settle for making a regular rectangular cake. But what do I put on it? The only thing I could think of was the pink panther since the boys were going to go see that movie the next day for his birthday celebration. Instead of making the pink panther out of frosting (I was worried about how much time I would have) I decided to do something different and much quicker. I used Valentine M&Ms. It turned out alright and Ryan loved it, so all was good. Now if you have extra leftover Valentine M&Ms you know what you can do with them! Ha ha!

7 comments:

dang! you are sooo creative! the hair and the cake, i have so much i want to learn from you :)

February 10, 2009 at 12:24 PM  

josh gets off work at 5pm so i'll have to talk to him to see if he is leaving early or what's going on. I'm excited too :) see you then!

February 10, 2009 at 1:27 PM  

You are super creative Shauna! haha and Chloe makes me laugh with all of the funky (but cute) things you do to her hair.

February 10, 2009 at 3:01 PM  

so...i fogot somehow but this sunday my friend from boston is flying in, so i won't be able to make it to dinner on monday-josh still will, when i told him he just said "sucks to be you!" hahah so true

February 11, 2009 at 4:47 PM  

I LOVE the 100th day hair do! I will have to remember that for Aleena! Very impressive Derek, going sooo far on the Marshall Canyon trail! Tommy loves that trail also. The pink panther cake- very creative and I can imagine it was delicious!

February 13, 2009 at 10:04 PM  

Kaia's 100 day celebration got postponed, so her class is having hers this friday. She has already looked and decided she also needs to have 100 hair!

so cute!

February 16, 2009 at 5:26 PM  

Hunter just had his 100 day today. I wish I had shown him the picture, he could love it. Awesome cake too!

February 23, 2009 at 9:21 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home