Stolen Identity

Well it is that time of year again. The time where we all may steal someone else's identity for an entire day. The Farnsworth children have chosen their alter egos and can hardly stand the excitement.

Preston will be

He is so excited to be Harry Potter. He has the robe, tie, wand, and glasses. Preston has been playing "Harry Potter" a lot lately. He is very much a Griffyndor fan.

Chloe originally wanted to be Cinderella AGAIN. Hasn't she been Cinderella 100 times already? Jeepers. I have been trying to talk her out of being Cinderella for so long now! But no, she wasn't having any of it. SO today we trucked her down to the Disney store. She was really upset that they only had one pair of "glass" slippers in her size and they were BROKEN. They didn't light up---tragic, I know. Chloe said that she was not going to be Cinderella unless she could have working light up shoes. Hurray! So I took her to a "costume store" (Party City). I figured they had tons of costumes and she could at least decide what she wanted to be. She had no clue what she could possibly be. At Party City I pointed at several costumes and asked if she wanted to be them, nope. Tey all had somethhing wrong with them. "Eww that is just too ugly mom." "Mom, no way, I am NOT being a bug (it was a bee)" "Sick, I would never wear yarn hair."-That was for Raggedy Ann. Anyway, I was starting to lose hope and march her straight back to the Disney store when I hear, "Oh, my, gosh!! Mom, Are these gold sparkly pants to die for, or what?" Gold sparkly pants, you just can't pass those up right?
And so Chloe will be

Sharpay from High School Musical. Chloe is so excited. She keeps telling everyone that she wants FABULOUS just like Sharpay and so it's perfect that she is being her for Halloween cause she is almost her in real life anyway. Yep, our Chloe. Ah, it's no wonder that at times we are glad we only have one girl.

Derek knew what he wanted to be the minute he saw his costume in late August. Yes, that's right. We bought his costume in August. Before school started. He knew and we couldn't chance them not having anymore in his size. The costume suits him well.
Derek will be



A monkey! Shocked? Yeah right. The child LOVES Curious George and acts like a monkey all the time. Now he gets to be one!

Now Douglas just needs a costume. he promised me he would dress up this year (he has NEVER dressed up for Halloween since we've been married). This is HUGE people. What should he be? He wanted to be a flasher but I vetoed that one. Geez. So what do you think? Give us your suggestions!!!!

Oh, for those who don't know I have two costumes Sleeping Beauty and Cinderella so I will be one of those. Again. And I do have the light up shoes. And they work. Just in case you were wondering.

3 comments:

Cute costume ideas. How fun, looks like Halloween is going to be lots of fun. Another idea for you, is: Alice in Wonderland. The online Disney store has the costume on sale for $49.99. Here is the link in case you are interested.
http://disneyshopping.go.com/webapp/wcs/
stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?Ntt=1381
2&Ntk=p_categoryID&Nao=0&langId=-1&store
Id=10051&N=0&catalogId=10002&Nu=p_
productID&categoryId=13812
you will have to paste the link back together.
Have a happy Halloween!

October 14, 2008 at 8:57 AM  

I'm wondering whose identity I should steal for school...Halloween is HUGE at our school! There is a HUGE spook alley in the basement, which we take 3 weeks to set up! Everyone dresses up for the entire day...so I've got to BE someone! I was thinking of being a witch because it would be easy...Funny side note on that one - I put "Caution: Enter if you dare" tape across my door at school, and the little kids (kindergarten) were scared and asked me if I was a witch! I said, "only when you're bad..." HA! HA! Oh, and I recruited Dad to help out in the spook alley all day too, since he has the day off - so you can suggest a costume for him too! Any ideas?!?

October 14, 2008 at 4:06 PM  

Hooray for Harry Potter! Ben has officially banned me from being Luna Lovegood this year, or anything else Harry Potter. So I will have to think of something else...

Fisher is being a monkey too by the way!

And well, Sharpay? Gold pants? Yep, there really is only one Chloe.... LOL

October 17, 2008 at 1:09 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home