The Getty

Douglas and I didn't want our Anniversary celebration to end. We just can't get enough of each other. So while the kids were at school, we headed to the Getty Museum. Aw, it's so nice to see fine art with a fine lookin' boy.

I got into a bit of trouble taking this picture. I was too close to the picture. Oops, I didn't even notice the "do not cross" marks on the floor. This is one of my favorite paintings of all time. Do you know it? And here is one of Doug's favorites: This painting has special meaning to me. In college, in my hardest class ever, my Art History class, I was assigned this painting. I had to write the most treacherous paper I have ever written on it. Ugh. I still can appreciate the beauty of the painting though. Maybe even more so now. Doug thought this guy was special too. I'm not sure why. you will have to ask him. This picture I took to remind Doug of what a true princess bed is. You see, when we no longer have children living with us and are old enough to be cranky enough not to allow grandchildren or great grandchildren into our bedroom, I would like to have a princess bed. I am willing to wait. Here is what it will look like: The views from the balconies were amazing. Regardless of what some people may say, I think California is beautiful. This is my proof: Doug and I were both so excited when we found this treasure there. I didn't remember that this picture was at the Getty. So it was a surprise. After looking at this picture in history books, coffee table books, on TV, etc--it was nice to see the original print. We both just stood there for a couple of minutes to take in all the awesomeness of this photo: Our Getty trip was so fun. We were relaxed and felt refreshed afterward. I love spontaneous dates with my husband.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home