Update

This is a picture Doug took while mountain biking with his friends on September 7th. Pretty cool huh? I thought so. The other day we went to Buffalo Inn to eat some buffalo burgers with Matt and Ryan Bentley. I had never been there before even though it is a historic stop along famous route 66. I enjoyed the guitarist there and really liked my buffalo burger. If you haven't been there yet either you should go!

We have been keeping plenty busy. With school, church, scouts (cub and brownies), soccer, and me working we have been swamped. I am happy to report that we are getting into the swing of things though and life isn't as overwhelming as it was for me a couple weeks ago. Preston is playing soccer and is on the Stingers team. They had their first game on Saturday and tied. I have a feeling they are going to be a great team! Chloe is busy with Brownie Scouts. She loves it! I am one of her two Brownie leaders. I enjoy planning and doing the fun activities with the girls. We have 14 girls in our troop so we are busy. So far we have toured Jamba Juice, had a salon party, tie dyed socks, made rainbow clouds, and made friendship bracelets. This Friday is our Investiture Ceremony. Derek is also playing soccer. He is on the Minions team and I am his Coach. Doug is a coach for Preston's team too. JohnPaul Jones is my Assistant Coach and he has been the best thing since sliced bread! Derek's team had their first game on Saturday too and we lost. Bummer in the summer. We are a good team though and I have confidence that will rule the field soon enough.

Us Farnsworth's are looking forward to Halloween already. Doug has agreed to dress up this year! Douglas is going to be a VAMPIRE (not from twilight though)!

Preston is going to be THE MAD HATTER (yep, the Johnny Depp version)!

Chloe is going to be a VAMPIRE (not from twilight either though)!

Derek is going to be YOSHI!

And since the preschool staff is dressing up in a Toy Story 3 theme, I will be BARBIE!

I am excited for Halloween and for all things fall!

5 comments:

I look forward to your Halloween pictures--hint, hint! :)

September 20, 2010 at 7:56 AM  

Halloween looks like it will be fun at your house! I had no idea you were working. How do you like the preschool!?

September 20, 2010 at 11:31 AM  

Love your Halloween Costume choices. You better post some pictures of the final products!:) And to answer your question, the kids got daddy shaving cream, candy, and a music CD. The candy and CD were heavy influced gifts from me. Scott wanted to get dad a book, but when some of the titles he wanted to get dad were romance novels, I convinced him to just go with the candy.:) And I too had no idea Upland had a resident pig. Thanks for enlightning me!:)

September 24, 2010 at 1:09 PM  

A: Yes, that is a RAD picture that Doug took.
B: I bet you are a super fun brownie mom :)
C: Derek looks super cute in his glasses!!!

April 16, 2011 at 4:35 PM  

OK, this is no longer an "update" my friend! You're WAY behind and you better catch up 'cause how else am I supposed to know what your family has been up to??

June 28, 2011 at 2:20 PM  

Older Post Home