Derek's First Field Trip


Derek got to ride the school bus! Hip hip hooray! No joking, in my household, this is INCREDIBLE my friends. School bus trips are not to be messed with. Derek was sick (shh don't tell) but he was NOT going to miss the chance to ride the bus. No way! Not my little guy. He toughened up so he could go. I don't think it even would matter to my kids where they went on the bus. As long as they got to go on a bus ride they'd be happy. Maybe I should buy a bus and sell rides on it to little kids after school. Oh, I guess that's what public transportation is for, dang it.
Anyway, Derek's class went to the pumpkin patch. Doug packed me a yummy lunch. You are all jealous now huh? Well, you should be. Ha ha. That was the highlight for me. Apart from the bus ride Derek's favorite was holding baby chicks. This is my kid who is normally very afraid to touch animals. He held a chick all by himself. Be proud. I was. He was too. Derek made sure I texted a pic of it to Daddy right away. He would've alerted the press if he could've.

1 comments:

We had a blast on the bus! Derek wasn't sick! He was singning with his friends and bouncing up and down as the wheels on the bus went round and round. I love the pics. Make me copies if you can Shauna!

November 9, 2009 at 9:15 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home